A drug dosage is the amount of a drug that is given at any one time. The dosage of a drug can be affected by a number of factors, including the patient’s age, weight, and health condition. It is important to ensure that the drug dosage is appropriate for the individual patient to ensure the best possible outcome.
Features of Drugs Dosage Flashcards for PC
does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
1. Drug Dosage Flashcards helps you prepare for you exam.
2. Prescription drugs are based typically on body weight.
3. Drugs come with a recommended dose in milligrams or micrograms per kilogram of body weight.
4. In single dosage scenarios, the patient’s body weight and the drug’s recommended dose per kilogram are used to determine a safe one-time dose.
5. In drugs where multiple doses of treatment are needed in a day, the physician must take into account information regarding the total amount of the drug which is safe to use in one day, and how that should be broken up into intervals for the most effective treatment for the patient.
6. Medication underdosing occurs commonly when physicians write prescriptions for a dosage that is correct for a certain time, but fails to increase the dosage as the patient needs.
7. The vast numbers of prescribed and recreational drugs fall into certain drug classifications.
8. Drug Classifications: Stimulants (amphetamines, caffeine, nicotine and cocaine) Depressants (opiates and opioids, alcohol, barbiturates, tranquilizers and benzodiazepines)
9. Pharmacology is the branch of medicine and biology concerned with the study of drug action.
10. If substances have medicinal properties, they are considered pharmaceuticals.
|App Name||Drugs Dosage Flashcards|
|Updated on||Nov 5, 2019|
|Get it On||https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nupuit.drfc|
How To Use Drugs Dosage Flashcards on a PC
Follow the simple instructions below to easily install and download Drugs Dosage Flashcards on your PC:
- Download the Bluestacks Android emulator from the link above
- After the download is complete, launch the .exe file to start the setup
- Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully install Bluestacks
- After installation, launch Bluestacks on your computer
- You will be asked to sign in; use your Gmail ID to log in to Bluestacks
- Now, look for the search bar and in the dialog box, type Drugs Dosage Flashcards and press Enter
- Select the most appropriate app from the search results and then click on it to expand
- Click on the Install button to begin the installation process
- Wait for the installation to complete
- Now launch the application within the emulator and enjoy
Drugs Dosage Flashcards App Overview and Details
There are a variety of drugs and their dosages that a nurse needs to be familiar with. Some common drugs and their dosages are listed below.
Acetaminophen (Tylenol) – 325 mg to 650 mg every 4 to 6 hours as needed
Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) – 200 mg to 400 mg every 4 to 6 hours as needed
Naproxen (Aleve) – 220 mg to 550 mg every 12 hours as needed
Aspirin – 81 mg to 325 mg every 4 to 6 hours as needed
Fluoxetine (Prozac) – 10 mg to 20 mg once daily
Lorazepam (Ativan) – 0.5 mg to 2 mg every 6 to 8 hours as needed
Hydrocodone (Vicodin) – 5 mg to 10 mg every 4 to 6 hours as needed
Oxycodone (Percocet) – 5 mg to 7.5 mg every 4 to 6 hours as needed
It is important for nurses to be familiar with the different dosages for various drugs. This information can help ensure that patients are given the correct dosage of medication, and that they are taking the medication as prescribed.
Whats New In this Name?
Drugs Dosage Flashcards
The Drugs Dosage Flashcards application is a great tool for students and professionals who need to learn or remember the correct dosage for various medications. The application is easy to use and provides clear dosage information for a wide range of drugs.