An idiom is a group of words that have a meaning that is different from the meanings of the individual words. For example, “to have a chip on your shoulder” means to be angry or unfriendly. “Chip” does not mean “an object made of wood, plastic, or metal that is used to play games or to do work” and “shoulder” does not mean “the part of the body between the neck and the upper arm”.
Phrases are groups of words that are put together to have a specific meaning. For example, “to take a rain check” means to agree to do something at a later time. “Rain” does not mean “water that falls from the sky” and “check” does not mean “an act of looking at or examining something”.
Both idioms and phrases are important in the English language. They help us to communicate more effectively.
Features of Idioms And Phrases – English for PC
1. Learn a new idiom every day.
2. Improve your expression.
3. Widget for your convenience.
4. Light and dark theme.
5. Customizable quizzes with reviews.
6. Learn about a random idiom.
7. Add to favorites.
8. Search for a particular idiom.
9. Useful for test preparation.
10. Useful for exams.
|App Name||Idioms And Phrases – English|
|Updated on||Apr 12, 2022|
|Get it On||https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rishabhk.idiomsandphrases|
How To Use Idioms And Phrases – English on a PC
Follow the simple instructions below to easily install and download Idioms And Phrases – English on your PC:
- Download the Bluestacks Android emulator from the link above
- After the download is complete, launch the .exe file to start the setup
- Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully install Bluestacks
- After installation, launch Bluestacks on your computer
- You will be asked to sign in; use your Gmail ID to log in to Bluestacks
- Now, look for the search bar and in the dialog box, type Idioms And Phrases – English and press Enter
- Select the most appropriate app from the search results and then click on it to expand
- Click on the Install button to begin the installation process
- Wait for the installation to complete
- Now launch the application within the emulator and enjoy
Idioms And Phrases – English App Overview and Details
An idiom is a phrase or expression that has a figurative meaning, rather than a literal meaning. Idioms are often hard to translate because they don’t always make sense when taken literally. Phrases such as “raining cats and dogs” and “putting the cart before the horse” are idioms.
An idiom can be a single word, such as “raining cats and dogs,” or a longer phrase, such as “putting the cart before the horse.” Idioms can be confusing for people who are learning English because the meaning of the phrase is not always obvious.
Some idioms are specific to certain parts of the world. For example, in the United States, people might say “that’ll be the day” to mean that they will never believe something. But in the United Kingdom, people might say “that’ll be the day” to mean that they are looking forward to something.
Whats New In this Name?
☛ Add your own custom idioms
☛ Import/Export your saved/custom idioms (with details) as a csv.
☛ Launch web search from within app if search returns no results.
☛ Long press to bookmark.
Many performance improvements and bug fixes. Enjoy! 🙂
Idioms and phrases are an important part of the English language. They add color and flavor to our conversations, and help us to communicate more effectively. While learning idioms and phrases can be challenging, it is well worth the effort. With a little practice, you will be able to use them like a native speaker. So don’t be afraid to give them a try!