strongSwan is a free, open source IPsec-based VPN client for Linux. It supports both the IKEv1 and IKEv2 key exchange protocols. strongSwan is a fork of the popular OpenSWAN project.
Features of strongSwan VPN Client for PC
1. Official Android port of the popular strongSwan VPN solution.
2. Uses the VpnService API featured by Android 4+. Devices by some manufacturers seem to lack support for this – strongSwan VPN Client won’t work on these devices!
3. Uses the IKEv2 key exchange protocol (IKEv1 is not supported)
4. Uses IPsec for data traffic (L2TP is not supported)
5. Full support for changed connectivity and mobility through MOBIKE (or reauthentication)
6. Supports username/password EAP authentication (namely EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-MD5 and EAP-GTC) as well as RSA/ECDSA private key/certificate authentication to authenticate users, EAP-TLS with client certificates is also supported
7. Combined RSA/ECDSA and EAP authentication is supported by using two authentication rounds as defined in RFC 4739
8. VPN server certificates are verified against the CA certificates pre-installed or installed by the user on the system. The CA or server certificates used to authenticate the server can also be imported directly into the app.
9. IKEv2 fragmentation is supported if the VPN server supports it (strongSwan does so since 5.2.1)
10. Split-tunneling allows sending only certain traffic through the VPN and/or
|strongSwan VPN Client
|4.0.3 and up
|Jul 13, 2021
|Get it On
How To Use strongSwan VPN Client on a PC
Follow the simple instructions below to easily install and download strongSwan VPN Client on your PC:
- Download the Bluestacks Android emulator from the link above
- After the download is complete, launch the .exe file to start the setup
- Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully install Bluestacks
- After installation, launch Bluestacks on your computer
- You will be asked to sign in; use your Gmail ID to log in to Bluestacks
- Now, look for the search bar and in the dialog box, type strongSwan VPN Client and press Enter
- Select the most appropriate app from the search results and then click on it to expand
- Click on the Install button to begin the installation process
- Wait for the installation to complete
- Now launch the application within the emulator and enjoy
strongSwan VPN Client App Overview and Details
strongSwan is a powerful, open source IPsec-based VPN client for Linux and other platforms. It was designed to be easy to set up and use, and includes features such as support for multiple authentication methods, automatic connection and IP address assignment, and a built-in firewall. strongSwan can be used to create a secure VPN connection between two computers, or to connect to a corporate network.
Whats New In this Name?
# 2.3.3 #
– Adds a button to install user certificates
# 2.3.2 #
– Don’t mark VPN connections as metered (the default changed when targeting Android 10 with the last release)
# 2.3.1 #
– Optionally use IPv6 transport addresses for IKE and ESP. Can only be enabled if the server supports UDP encapsulation for IPv6 (the Linux kernel only supports this since 5.8, so many servers will not support it yet)
strongSwan is a powerful, open source IPsec-based VPN client for Android. It uses the IKEv2 protocol for authentication and encryption, making it a great choice for users who need a secure VPN connection.